× Anyone can read this forum, but you must login to post messages.
If you don't already have an account, you can join for free today.
Just click on 'Create an account' in the top right corner of this page to get started.

Saying hello

5 days 8 hours ago #181 by Christine Smart
Hi, my name is Chris and I live in Wirral. I have FND, Dystonia and have had Trigeminal Neuralgia which I had an operation for last year and it was a big success. I've been finding the courage to come along to the centre for over a year now. It's the simple things like the weather, getting there, how much pain I am in and lack of confidence really that have been the things stopping me. The first Monday of each month is marked on my calendar but there's always something that gets in the way of me getting there!

I find singing and crafts (when my hands let me) have got me through some very bad times. So, I'm really going to try and get there tomorrow to try it out. It doesn't say you have to apply to join so that's my starting point. If I get on ok maybe I will try the craft, knitting and painting groups at some stage too! I look forward to being a part of such an amazing charity. I wish I'd found it long ago when the rheumatologists were telling me that it was all in my head!
4 days 10 hours ago #182 by The Brain Charity
Hi Chris,
Welcome to our forum.
That's right you don't have to apply for our choir, craft, boccia, knitting or art groups - they're free for anyone affected by a neurological condition to attend - just drop in and get started. We hope you'll be able to make it to one of our coffee mornings on the first Monday of the month soon too.

Please note that , for this week only, our choir practice is on an hour early from 4-5pm.
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds