Help with funding for your holiday. Updated September 2017.
A Guide to Financial Help Towards the Cost of a holiday, Respite Care, or Convalescence
Booklet which has details of trusts and funds that consider applications for financial assistance towards the cost of a holiday.
It is available from Tourism for All, price £3.50 or free to members.
7A Pixel Mill, 44 Appleby Road, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 6ES
Tel: 0845 124 9971 Email email@example.com
A Guide to Grants for Individuals in Need 15th edition, March 2016.
Available in public libraries. There is also a copy in our Information Centre.
This publication details of sources of help and funding for individuals. It is arranged by general charities, charities under specific conditons, occupational charities, service charities, and religious charities. There is also a geographical listing of local charities.
• Turn2Us is a free website for finding grant providers. It has a comprehensive search facility, which provides the details of a large range of grant-giving charities. It includes an online search of the Guide to Grants for Individuals in Need.
Tel: 0808 802 200 Web: www.turn2us.org.uk
• It is sometimes possible to get a grant from local charities or disability groups. Citizens Advice can provide details of local charities. Web: www.citizensadvice.org.uk
Other charities that can sometimes help are:
- The 3H Fund
Provides grants to families on low income that include someone with a physical or learning disability so that can have a modest UK holiday when funds are available
Tel: 01892 860 207 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lions Clubs International
Tel: 0845 833 9502
- National Association of Round Table
Tel: 0121 456 4567
Text 'Join' and your postcode to 60066
- Rotary Club International in Great Britain & Ireland
Tel: 01789 765 411 Web: www.ribi.org
Support groups for different conditions can sometimes help with sources of funding. Contact our information centre for details of specific support groups: email@example.com
Funds are also available base on past or present occupations, professions, Trade Unions membership, and service within the Armed Forces.
Help for Families and Children
Can provide information on sources of funding. They also have a holidays, play and leisure factsheet
Tel: 0808 808 3555 Web: www.cafamily.org.uk
- Family Fund
For low-income families with disabled children under 17 years
Tel: 01904 550 055 Web: www.familyfund.org.uk
- Family Holiday Association
The Family Holiday Association is the only national charity dedicated to providing British seaside breaks and day trips for families with some of the toughest challenges life can bring
Tel: 020 3117 0650 Email info@FamilyHolidayAssociation.org.uk