The Brain Charity will be open until lunchtime (12.30pm) on Christmas Eve (December 24th) 2020, and then will be closed over the Christmas and New Year period. We will re-open at 9.00am on Monday, January 4th 2021.
If you need urgent support over the holiday period, there are a range of alternative options below.
We are continuing to run a range of online activities in 2021. Please check our online events calendar for what is happening in the New Year.
From all of us at The Brain Charity, Merry Christmas, and wishing everyone all the best for what will hopefully be a brighter year in 2021.
- If you are in an emergency situation, call 999. There is advice on when to call 999 here.
If you need urgent medical advice, call NHS 111.
The Walton Centre
- Call 0151 525 3611 for the main reception desk or find more contacts here. The Walton Centre's normal services are limited on the bank holidays of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day, where staff will deal with emergencies only, but otherwise are open as usual over the festive period.
Liverpool City Council
- Find LCC's guide to help and support over the festive period here.
- Call 0151 233 3800 for the Careline for adults: open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including the holiday season.
- Call 0151 233 3066 for the council's COVID-19 hotline for people who are self-isolating or clinically extremely vulnerable, and need urgent support. It is open Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve 8am to 5pm and December 29th and 30th 8am to 6pm. More information on COVID-19 support provided by the council is available here.
- For Wirral Council's COVID-19 support line call 0151 666 5050 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Find more information about covid financial support on the Wirral here.
- For Wirral Council Adult Social Care, contact the Central Advice and Duty Team on 0151 514 2222. If you have an emergency relating to Adult Social Care in Wirral between 9am and 5pm on December 27th, 28th or 31st, please select option 3 when dialling.
- Find specific Christmas support in Wirral, such as supermarket shopping, hampers and befriending, here.
- For Knowsley Council's COVID-19 volunteer support line call 0800 073 0043, 10am to 1pm. The service is closed on December 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th or January 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- More information on adult care in Knowsley is available here.
- Fill in a form to receive COVID-19 support from Sefton Council here. If you are clinically extremely vulnerable, there is more information here.
- Call the Adult Social Care line on 01704 704389 (North Sefton) or 0151 529 3761 (South Sefton). Call the Children's Social Care line on 0151 934 3114. Lines are open 9am to 5.30pm on December 24th, 27th, 30th and 31st.
- For social care emergencies at all other times, call the Emergency Duty Team on 0151 934 3555.
- Find information on Sefton Council adult social care services here.
- Find a range of contacts for other services in Sefton here.
Not your council?
- Click this link to find contact details and a website for your local council.
Other support in Merseyside
- YMCA Liverpool provide emergency accommodation 24/7 and are open throughout the festive period. More information here.
- Merseyside Domestic Violence Service is closed December 25th to December 28th and January 1st to 3rd but open 9am to 4pm all other days over the festive period. Call or text 07802 722703.
National condition support groups
- Check our A-Z list of neurological conditions for details of national support groups and links to their websites for further information.
More support nationally
- NHS Volunteer Responders are contuining to offer COVID-19 support over Christmas, including collecting and delivering food and medicines. To arrange support for yourself or someone you know, call 0808 196 3646 (8am to 8pm, 7 days a week) or visit their website.
- The CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) national helpline is open 7 days a week, 5pm to midnight on 0800 58 58 58. Callers can talk through any issue, They will listen and offer information and signposting. They also have a webchat service open 5pm-midnight every day. Calls are anonymous, confidential and free.
- The National Dementia Helpline is on 0300 222 1122. The line is open Christmas Eve 9am-5pm, December 27th and 28th 10am-4pm, December 29th and 30th 9am-8pm, December 31st 9am to 5pm and January 2nd and 3rd 10am to 4pm.
- The Independent Age freephone line on 0800 319 6789 is open Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 6:30pm.
- The Silver Line is a free confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to over 55s, on 0800 470 80 90. It is open 24 hours a day, every day of the year.