× Please note that The Brain Charity information service is currently staffed part-time, if your post requires an answer, we'll do our best to reply as soon as possible.
Anyone can read posts, but you must be registered to post messages.
If you don't already have an account, you can join for free today.
Just click on 'Log in>Create an account' above to get started.
Once registered, you will still be able to post anonymously in this category.

Cant put up much longer with these headaches

#223 by Lee
Hello,
I'm a newbie here so be gentle, i'm 34 yr old male who for the majority of my life suffered from headaches daily.
Throughout the time i have now categorized my headaches into what i can describe as the following:

"Annoying" headache where i get agitated but can still just about continue with daily life
"Severe" headache where i must be left alone as i become so agitated and turn nasty.
"Bed Ridden" headache where no matter what i do i must go to bed 

Naively i assumed everyone got headaches daily and for alot of my life got on with it and just thought i was somewhat a mardy person, it was only on being diagnosed with depression and anxiety i started to explain to the GP about how bad and how frequent my headaches were.
I was sent for a brain scan and from this i was prescribed various tablets Naproxen/propranolol and citalopram this was over 5 years ago and still to this day i get them daily no matter what i try and do.

To add to this I've developed vertigo where any form of bending, looking down or turning around for a prolonged amount of time will cause me to get vertigo the next day.
Everytime i go to the Doctor i get the impression they're lost what to do with me, they tell me i'm taking to many tablets and recently put me on sumatriptan and prescribed me with 6 tablets and told me to see them in a months time, well them 6 tablets went within days and i got some more and now they've gone. I'm currently on my 3rd pack within 2 weeks!

I have no energy although i think this is from depression tablets, i'm agitated all the time from the headaches waking up thinking when is the headache going to come on, i have to now plan my day thinking if i drive to much i know i will need to stop because im bound to get a "bed ridden" headache

Considering i have depression and anxiety and headaches every day and all day i'm lost what to do, need help as i'm at totally at the end of what to do
I cannot remember the last time i didnt have a headache in a day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GerardJanet
Time to create page: 0.626 seconds