Anyone can read this forum, but you must login to post messages.
If you don't already have an account, you can join for free today.
Just click on 'Create an account' in the top right corner of this page to get started.
Getting Started: How to create an account
The Brain Charity
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago#109by The Brain Charity
If this is the first time that you’ve used our forum you will should setup an account to get the most out of it.
You’ll use this for posting and replying to messages and this will be your identity on our forum.
To get stared, click on ‘Create an account’ at the top right of your screen. This is next to the ‘Login’ button.
Once you’ve clicked that button this form will drop down:
Enter the following details in the form:
1) Name – this is the name that will be attached to your posts and which other users of the forum will know you by.
2) Username – this is the name which you’ll use to login to our forum. It should be different from the ‘Name’ you used above.
3) Password – choose a password for your account (it shouldn't be a word from the dictionary)
4) Confirm the password – type your password in again.
5) Email - enter the email address which you’d like to use with our forum here. You can choose to be sent an email telling you whenever someone replies to one of your posts.
6) Confirm email address – type your email address in again.
7) Captcha - tick the box that says ‘I’m not a robot’ and a new box will appear like the one below:
You will be asked to confirm something to prove that you’re really a human being - for example: ‘Select all the squares with cars’.
Simply click on the boxes as instructed and then click on the box which says: ‘VERIFY’
Once you’ve completed the Captcha, a green tick will appear.
You will then be able to click on the ‘CREATE AN ACCOUNT’ button below the green tick.
At this stage, we’ll send you an email with an activation link in it like this one:
Please click the blue link in the email or copy and paste it in your browser address bar.
You will then see a page like this one telling you that the account has been successfully created.
You can now log in and use The Brain Charity forum.
Once you’ve logged in you’ll see your Profile Page. Here you can edit your details whenever you need to.
To return to the forum, click on ‘Forum’ at the right of the menu at the top of the screen.