updated November 2017
- NHS Choices - Information on conditions, treatments, local services and healthy living.
- Cochrane Library - a collection of high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making.
- NICE (The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) - provides guidelines for the NHS
- Healthwatch England - The national consumer champion in health and care.
- Patient Information Forum - Campaigns to ensure that health information is central to high quality, patient-centred care.
- Patient UK - Provides non-medical people in UK with information on health and diseases.
- Best Health - Advice on available treatments for conditions, based on clinical evidence.
- Healthline.com - provides trusted health information, free tools, news and doctor-reviewed resources.
- NICE Evidence - aimed at NHS staff but still useful for in-depth information