Who can blame our staff members Vanessa and Diane for grinning like Cheshire cats – not only was the sun out, but they’d just found out they’d been jointly nominated for a Merseyside Women of the Year (MWOTY) Award!
The MWOTY Marvels awards were launched in June, after organisers were forced to postpone the planned annual event due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The initiative created to recognise key workers and volunteers across Merseyside who went above and beyond during the lockdown.
Sadly, we didn’t win in the virtual ceremony on 31st July, but Diane and Vanessa were up against some incredibly stiff competition and deserving nominees.
We’d like to congratulate all of this year’s MWOTY Marvel winners:
- Volunteer radio presenter, Cassie James,
- Associate Nurse, Chloe Sutton,
- Disability Advocate, Donna Phipps,
- Design and Technology Teacher, Graham Roscoe,
- Community hub owner, Michelle Bridge.
It was truly inspiring to hear their stories.