Employment and neurological conditions
The impact of being diagnosed with a neurological condition can be devastating, and often means so much more than losing your health.
You may also have lost your independence or job too, and found you are no longer able to work as you previously did.
The Brain Charity can assist you with improving your current employment situation and making changes with your employer.
Do you need help with your existing employment?
If you are in work and have had a brain injury or sudden neurological diagnosis, The Brain Charity can provide advice on the following:
- The reasonable adjustments your employer should make to accommodate your new needs
- Information on your rights and options around changing your role, travel to the workplace or early retirement
- Benefits advice and advocacy for people balancing employment with a caring role
- Guidance around health expectations in the workplace, such as pain management, fatigue issues and comfortable working environments
Are you unemployed and need support getting back into employment?
You could be eligible for The Brain Charity’s Directions Project. Click here to find out more.
- The Brain Charity's Directions Project
- Our employment 'Frequently Asked Questions'
- 'Aspire' employability courses at The Brain Charity